The #IllinoisWine experiences are diverse, yet we’re all united with a passion and pride in creating (and enjoying) hand-crafted wines in the Land of Lincoln. Membership in the Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Alliance (IGGVA) is a cost-effective and convenient way to support the industry, whether you’re a grape grower, a wine maker, a wine retailer, a provider of goods and services, a student or just a fan in general. IGGVA is a non-profit organization dedicated to developing the viticulture and enology interests of Illinois through information exchange and cooperation among Illinois grape producers and vintners.
Your IGGVA Membership Supports:
ADVOCACY EDUCATION LEGISLATION MARKETING RESEARCH
From Advocacy and Communications, to Networking, Professional Development, and Industry Liaisons, the Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Alliance is committed to and encourages all members, wineries, and affiliates alike to focus on what they do best and then to provide opportunities which mutually benefit all involved.
- Consumer and member-based marketing efforts via direct advertising, websites, social media platforms and events promoting #IllinoisWine
- Opportunities to interact with Illinois grape growers and wineries to build positive business relationships
- Educational training for grape growers and winemakers
- Consulting with enology and viticulture specialists
- Illinois State Fair Wine Competition
- Sponsored by IGGVA to enhance Illinois wine quality and increase public awareness
- Networking opportunities to promote positive business relationships
- Retained lobbyist to promote legislation and grant funding to protect and further the industry’s interest
- Grant fund procurement to support and grow the Illinois grape and wine industry
- IGGVA sponsored events and festivals
- Participation limited to IGGVA members
Open to any legal entity located in Illinois which engages in the fermenting, bottling, blending and production of more than 200 gallons of wine in Illinois annually and/or the growing of 1 or more acres of Illinois grapes or fruit from which wine is made. Each member shall have one (1) vote and shall designate one (1) person to serve as his or her representative in terms of voting and serving as an Officer or Board Member.
- Vineyard of 1 or more acres – $125
- Winery w/ production under 50,000 gallons – $200 for one location plus $50 for each additional location (location information will be included on the IllinoisWine.com website as well as in the Illinois Wine Guide)
- Winery w/ production over 50,000 gallons – $300 for one location plus $50 for each additional location (location information will be included on the IllinoisWine.com website as well as in the Illinois Wine Guide)
Open to business supporters, all employees of wineries and vineyards and to individuals interested in supporting IGGVA’s mission. Associate members are encouraged to serve on committees, but have no voting rights and may not serve as officers or board members.
- Friend of the Industry – $125
- Business supporter receives listing on IGGVA website, sponsorship discounts and newsletter promotional opportunities twice annually.
- Vineyard of less than 1 acre – $100
- Receives access to IGGVA educational opportunities and access to Members-Only area of website
- Wine Fan – $25
- Receives advance notice of ticket sales and opportunities to attend some member-only events
- Student Member – $20
- Same benefits as a Wine Fan at a reduced rate.