- This event has passed.
Vintage Illinois at The Canal Market Finale
October 10 - October 11
Just like last time, this will be another market-style event. Our usual festival, which began in 2003, cannot operate in the same way this year due to COVID-19 restrictions.
That said, here are some things we CAN do:
- We can still purchase and enjoy #IllinoisWine
- We can still enjoy our beautiful outdoor areas
- We can still support Illinois wineries and local businesses in the North Utica area
- We just can’t do these things together in the same space….
So… this year Vintage Illinois (September and October) is market-style!
The Canal Market (sponsored by the LaSalle County Historical Society) will become a weekend operation on October 10-11 in North Utica and #IllinoisWine will be a vendor at the market! We’ll have a dedicated location at Carey Memorial Park thanks to the Village of North Utica.
Vintage Illinois at the Canal Market Hours
Saturday, October 10, 11am-6pm
Sunday, October 11, 11am – 4pm
No admission ticket is required. This is a shopping event, not a festival.
Limited tasting is available:
- Sample size is 1/2 ounce
- Tasting tickets sold in bundles of 10 for $5.00 (must be 21)
- Tastings provided in single-use tasting cups
- We will follow all recommended safety guidelines. So make your plans, pack your masks, grab your hand sanitizer and practice your social distancing because we can’t wait to see you in this very most unusual year.
- There is plenty of parking around Utica.
- We recommend bringing a wagon or rolling cooler to transport your wine purchases and other purchases from vendors at the Canal Market.
- This event is a different format from previous years in that we are not set up for people to hang out all day; it’s more of a farmers market-style event.
- We will have a food vendor in our area, and a few picnic tables for you to rest or eat quickly. (Sanitizing wipes will be available)
- We will have some live music – BUT no dancing or camping out all day in front of the entertainment.
- Since we have to follow social distance guidelines, the format will be more like: enjoy some tastings from the 8 wineries participating, pick up some bottles of your favorites to support these small businesses, do some shopping with other Canal Market vendors, and then maybe head to one of the nearby state parks to enjoy a picnic with your small group.
- You MUST wear a mask in our area.
- You may have to wait at the entrance if our area is full.
- Please be patient if you have to wait. We want everyone to feel safe and secure in our portion of the market.
Comp Ticket update:
For those who were issued comp tickets for the 2020 festival, these tickets will be honored in 2021, when we hope to move back to Matthiessen State Park.