Locally, 105 wineries and 1,107 grape acres have helped to drive up the economic impact of Illinois wine and vineyards to nearly $700 million in 2012. That’s a 120% increase in five years!
The power, strength and impact of Illinois wine have been huge and we thank you for your continued support. As shown below, in some cases the growth has doubled since 2007.
• 3,887 full time equivalent jobs – up from 2,064
• $153 million in wages paid – up from $72 million
• 274,000 cases produced –up from 150,000
• 500,000 wine-related tourists –up from 200,000
• $84 million federal, state and local taxes paid – up from $41 million
If you are interested in more detail about the economic impact of Illinois wine, click here for the complete 2012 report.