The ILLINOISWINE website is brought to you by the Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Association (IGGVA). IGGVA is a non-profit organization dedicated to developing the viticulture and enology interests of Illinois through information exchange and cooperation among Illinois grape producers and vintners.
The Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Association was formed:
- To provide a formal structure for a statewide association of grape growers and vintners in Illinois
- To promote the growth of the Illinois grape growing and wine making industries and the production of high quality grapes and wine
- To represent the interests of Illinois grape growers and vintners in legislative and political matters
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and to disseminate current information about viticulture and wine making practices
- To recommend, encourage and participate in research related to viticulture and enological issues
- To develop and analyze current marketing information for the use of the members
We are governed by a board of directors and receive input from the state’s four wine-growing regions by regional chairs.